Three Great Books For Hockey Players to Read Train Your Mind
Wishing everyone a great start of the season. You are not the player you were last season. Many of you worked on your game a significant part of the summer both on and off the ice. Summer is when you grow in stature, in mind and athletically. We call it The Summer Hockey Growth Spurt. For those going to a new team, great! For those returning to an old team, great! It should not matter. A good coach will see the commitment you made over the summer and see your growth.
Here are three great books to read to strengthen your mental game. Maybe get them on audio to listen in the car with your player periodically or read a chapter at a time in book club format (parents and players and discuss). Everyone is busy with the start of school and season…may take awhile to get through these which is ok. Don’t want to make it a chore or add more to your plate right now but think over the season these will help.
- Relentless by Tim S. Grover (Kobe Bryant’s Trainor)
- Mind Gym by Gary Mack
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- A lot coming from Pro Ambitions
- Working on new website
- Working on 2023 new schedule and programming
- Working on Prague and expansion of Europe 2023 including new training camp and specialty European training camp in Prague over Christmas Vacation
- Private Lessons and Small Group Training begins Sept 10 ready for sign up NOW privates booking up
- Christmas vacation and Summer 2023 Czech coaches coming to USA to be a part of our team
- Jeff building Prague 2023 teams now please email him at JS@PROAMBITIONS.COM
- Lots more to share with everyone about Prague and and and…coming soon!
News about Small Group Training and Private Lessons:
We conduct small group training and private lessons every Saturday and Sunday Morning Sept 10-Memorial Day and have for decades. You may train for one or both hours in Dedham from 730-930am. We have added a second location in Braintree at Thayer Rink from 11-1pm with specialty goalie training with our new goalie director. This is one of the best kept secrets of Pro Ambitions. Serowik and his crew of full time professional youth development coaches are there every weekend. Privates and small group specialty training are significant ingredients in youth hockey development. Training away from your team on your own throughout the season. Making small corrections and tweaks to your individual game. Serowik will never get away from this type of training as he enjoys making a difference to youth development on a personal level. A different experience than the summer camps. All dates and sign up slots loaded into sign up platform.