Fakes and Dekes
Oct 20 Hockey Tip of The Day.
The Art of The Deke.
- The Canadians abbreviated the word decoy, now it is called a deke.
- Kind of like a celebration is now called a celly.
- Dekes happen when you draw your opponent out of position.
- Watch Towes the master Deker of The Chicago Blackhawks.
- Often a change in speed and or direction is enough to get by your opponent, dekes involve puck protection along with that.
- I teach two dekes at all Pro Ambitions Camps. If you master these you will use them. Takes practice to execute properly in a game situation.
- Fakes are subtle. With your shoulders and hands or even a slight glance of the eye.
- Dekes require a sequence of a few quick moves with the puck.
- Skill and age appropriate fakes and dekes are some of the meat and potatoes of The Battle Camp.
- Boston Bruins 2018 camp schedule is up.
- Sale ends as always midnight on Halloween.